Gulf Adventure Center and the Hummingbird Ziplines are located at The Wharf in Orange Beach. Our street address is 4830 Main Street, Orange Beach, AL 36561.
For directions, click here.
The all-new Hummingbird Ziplines is currently under construction at The Wharf in Orange Beach, Alabama and is scheduled to open in August 2017. Please call Guest Services at 251-948-9494 for booking information.
Each tour has an average of 12 participants to ensure a personal and pleasant experience for all our guests.
- Guests should wear sturdy footwear such as sport sandals or tennis shoes. Closed-toe styles are required. Flip flops will NOT be allowed on the zipline course.
- While the course enjoys consistent breezes from the Gulf of Mexico, summer temperatures in Alabama can reach into the 90s. We suggest wearing lightweight, breathable and comfortable clothing.
- Short shorts and bathing suits are not recommended as they may be uncomfortable while wearing a harness.
- Remember that you will be wearing a harness during your zipline tour. Having loose objects in your pockets will be both uncomfortable and create potential for loss or injury. For the safety of all riders and all other Gulf State Park guests:
- We recommend that you arrive with no hanging/dangling jewelry or rings.
- We ask that you remove all loose objects from your pockets or body before you begin your tour. These items include but are not limited to: wallets, cell phones, keys, knives, and loose change. If you intend to wear sunglasses or prescription glasses, please ensure that they are on a strap to keep them secure around your neck.
- Hummingbird Ziplines assumes NO responsibility for lost or broken items.
Yes, while we recommend that you leave cameras and cell phones behind, if you choose to bring a camera or cell phone, it MUST be pocket-sized and securely contained on your person while on the zipline. Photography is allowed while on the towers at the discretion of your guides. Be advised that Gulf Adventure Center is not responsible for lost cameras or other articles while on the zipline course.
- Participants must be a minimum of 65 pounds and a maximum of 260 pounds and must be at least eight years of age.
- Parents of young children should consider the maturity level as well as the ability to understand and follow the guide’s instructions when determining if this adventure is appropriate for their child.
- As with any adventure sports, participation is not without risk therefore all participants are required to sign a release of liability waiver prior to participation on Hummingbird Ziplines.
- Guests under the age of 18 will be required to have the signature of a parent or guardian.
- Guests should be prepared for moderate physical activity including climbing multiple flights of stairs.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds.
- Tours are not recommended for participants with a history of heart conditions, neck/back issues or other medical concerns. If you are unsure if a zipline tour is appropriate for you, please seek the advice of your physician prior to participation.
- Pregnant women are NOT allowed on the zipline.
- Yes, each group of participants is accompanied by two thoroughly trained and knowledgeable guides, one to send you onto the line and one to receive you as you zip onto the next tower.
Safety is our priority at Hummingbird Ziplines. Our safety policies and procedures mirror the national standards as set forth by the Association for Challenge Course Technology. We use only the highest quality equipment and provide extensive personnel training.
- Our course is built to and our equipment meets the highest industry standards.
- We are a member of the Association of Challenge Course Technology (ACCT).
- We inspect our course and equipment daily prior to the start of operations.
- Annual inspections and audits are conducted.
- Guides are all trained in rescue techniques, First Aid/CPR and AED usage.
- Each tour is accompanied by two qualified zipline guides and a ground supervisor.
- Participants remain connected to the cables at all times while on the course.
- Participants MUST complete ground school training prior to zipping on Hummingbird Ziplines (this is part of your tour).
- Only one participant is allowed on a zipline at a time.
- Guides will lead each participant through the course and handle all equipment. This includes sending and receiving each participant between platforms.
- Tipping is entirely up to the participant. As with any other service industry, tips are appreciated but not required. Our guides will work hard to ensure that you have a wonderful experience. They will educate you, assist you with your gear, and alleviate you fears. They will help create a wonderful memory for you and your group for years to come. If you feel that you received exceptional service, feel free to tip accordingly.
- We will provide comment cards so that you can help us improve our service or recognize a guide for a job well done.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed while participating.
- Ziplining is an extreme sport. We do not allow participants who are deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or other mood altering substances to participate. This is for the safety of all participants.
- Hummingbird Ziplines is in NO way obligated to complete a tour for a participant who is deemed to be endangering the safety of themselves, others or the environment.
- Refunds will NOT be issued under these circumstances.
- Reservations are highly recommended.
- To ensure that you get your preferred time slot we recommend making reservations at least one week in advance.
- Please pay close attention to your assigned zip tour time as latecomers cannot join the tour already in progress. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your reservation time.
- We will make every effort to accommodate walk up participants.
- You can book online or by calling our reservation specialists.
- Hummingbird Ziplines will fully refund or reschedule your trip if you cancel at least 24 hours in advance of your trip time.
- If you cancel within 24 hours or do not complete the trip, you will receive a rain check in lieu of a refund. The rain check does not expire and is transferrable.
- No refunds will be issued for “no shows”, but a rain check can be redeemed if contact is made.
- NO refunds will be issued for late arrivals but we will make every effort to arrange a new tour time based on availability.
- Weather conditions can change rapidly on the Gulf Coast. We do not cancel for temperature or rain. We advise that you plan and dress accordingly.
- In the event of high winds or lightning, we will cancel tours. If we cancel your tour, we will reschedule, issue a full refund or gift card.
- No, smoking is not allowed on Hummingbird Ziplines.
- Your entire party will arive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled trip time at Gulf Adventure Center at The Wharf. After check-in, your group will be greeted by your trip’s two Guides who will feat each guest with a zipping harness, gloves, and helmet. Your group will then board a trolley for a three minute ride to the Practice Zipline, where you will learn how to use your equipment at near-ground level. From there, take a short walk to Tower 1 where your two hour zipline adventure begins and ends.
- The tour takes approximately 2.5 hours to complete from the time you register. Please arrive early to check in and use the restroom. Your tour will start at the time that you have booked.
- Your 2.5 hour, personally guided zipline adventure is priced at just $79 plus tax for individuals and $59 plus tax for children 12 and under. Seniors and active duty military are priced at just $69. Please call for Group Pricing: 251-948-9494
- Yes. The eight run course was professionally designed as a mile-long loop from tower to tower, which ends where your adventure began.
- Please call for Group Pricing: 251-948-9494
"We're always looking for something the whole family can enjoy, and this certainly qualifies. Highly recommended!"− Crimson Thor, Alabama
"Although this was my first time to Zip Line, I've always wanted to. At 62 years old, I was the oldest of our 12 person tour."− TNBonnie, Tennessee
"Great guides and good times! Charley and Richard were great guides and we had a blast. Great one on one time with kids."− Scott M